Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90

Thread: Music City Bowl

  1. #31
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Coples brand on his arm was hurting me.

    And the stuff with Bray is laughable, look all around college football in every game and kids are doing all kinds of show boating, it's just not on camera every time.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Fifty_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    I dont care what anyone thinks, i love Brays confidence and emotion. The kids a true freshman and he pretty much carried the O to 4 wins in November.

    No one was *****ing when Tebow got in the OU defenders face doing the gator chomp or UNC taunting UT fans after their FG to send it to OT. Yet youll call this kid a 'punk'?

    About him crying: And yes it hurts to lose a game this close. As a former athlete I still remember losing my last game. Granted Bray isnt a senior, he cared about all the seniors on this team who will never get to wear the orange again. It hurts to go through a season like this. It hurts to lose TWICE when the clock says '0:00' youre leading yet you still lose, It hurts to have your head coach leave in the middle of the night. Everyone of these kids (Bray included) have been through more in 12 months than most student athletes go through in 4 years.

    So go ahead and keep bashing the kid for his throat slash, his tears, or whatever. But if you are a fan of another SEC team or any team on Tennessee's schedule the next 3 years, get ready to have Bray, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers tear your D a new one. Go big orange.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    That was one serious brand on Coples. Cattle in the west weren't branded to that detail.

    What was surprising about Bray was that they always talk about how he is the same demeanor almost all the time. That was the first time I have seen alot of emotion out of him outside of the 'Loco' motion after a TD.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty_One View Post
    I dont care what anyone thinks, i love Brays confidence and emotion. The kids a true freshman and he pretty much carried the O to 4 wins in November.

    No one was *****ing when Tebow got in the OU defenders face doing the gator chomp or UNC taunting UT fans after their FG to send it to OT. Yet youll call this kid a 'punk'?

    About him crying: And yes it hurts to lose a game this close. As a former athlete I still remember losing my last game. Granted Bray isnt a senior, he cared about all the seniors on this team who will never get to wear the orange again. It hurts to go through a season like this. It hurts to lose TWICE when the clock says '0:00' youre leading yet you still lose, It hurts to have your head coach leave in the middle of the night. Everyone of these kids (Bray included) have been through more in 12 months than most student athletes go through in 4 years.

    So go ahead and keep bashing the kid for his throat slash, his tears, or whatever. But if you are a fan of another SEC team or any team on Tennessee's schedule the next 3 years, get ready to have Bray, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers tear your D a new one. Go big orange.
    I supported UT last night and defended them in this thread but that arrogance right there is ridiculously laughable. Theres no doubt UT will be better, but I doubt UF or Bama are shakin in their shoes scared.


    Talk when you win more than 7 games
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Fifty_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I supported UT last night and defended them in this thread but that arrogance right there is ridiculously laughable. Theres no doubt UT will be better, but I doubt UF or Bama are shakin in their shoes scared.


    Talk when you win more than 7 games

    i'm sorry. I forgot we have already forfeited the UF and Bama games for the next 15 years. I sure do hope we get back to the Music City or Liberty bowl next year, because thats the best Tennessee will ever be. Programs arent allowed to rebound and change their fortunes after a bad stretch.

    And I never said we were going to win the SEC or even beat Bama or Florida. But with this young core on offense, were going to put up some points for sure.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty_One View Post
    i'm sorry. I forgot we have already forfeited the UF and Bama games for the next 15 years. I sure do hope we get back to the Music City or Liberty bowl next year, because thats the best Tennessee will ever be. Programs arent allowed to rebound and change their fortunes after a bad stretch.

    And I never said we were going to win the SEC or even beat Bama or Florida. But with this young core on offense, were going to put up some points for sure.
    Nobody said anything about UT being unable to rebound, but its pretty silly to be calling out other teams' and making challenges when UT has won what, 13 games in two years?

    And its not as if UT put up 60 last night, 27 against UNC missing some of their best defenders is far from spectacular, not to mention Bray's 3 picks.


    But saying that every other SEC D should watch out, that UT is gonna "rip them a new one" is pretty bold and arrogant. UT averaged 22 ppg in the SEC, which is close to last in the SEC.

    No doubt UT has talent, but its pretty out there to suggest that the rest of the SEC will get "ripped a new one"
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Bray needs a dose of Nick Fairley..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Fifty_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Nobody said anything about UT being unable to rebound, but its pretty silly to be calling out other teams' and making challenges when UT has won what, 13 games in two years?

    And its not as if UT put up 60 last night, 27 against UNC missing some of their best defenders is far from spectacular, not to mention Bray's 3 picks.


    But saying that every other SEC D should watch out, that UT is gonna "rip them a new one" is pretty bold and arrogant. UT averaged 22 ppg in the SEC, which is close to last in the SEC.

    No doubt UT has talent, but its pretty out there to suggest that the rest of the SEC will get "ripped a new one"

    I just have a little optimism for the first time in years. We've managed to score with an offense that is majority freshman. The 'ripped new one' just comes from me hoping these kids will stick together and improve over the next three years. If they continue to improve I cant imagine how scary the O could be Bray, Rogers, and Hunters Sr. year.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Bray needs a dose of Nick Fairley..lol
    Nick Fairley would weep at Brays feet!
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #40
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music City Bowl

    That #49 for UNC had to be one of the biggest d'ouchebag players I have ever seen, he was doing something on every play.

    I called it when they didn't even make a halfa.ss effort to get a first down and run out the clock in regulation. I knew that the d wouldn't be able to stop them from getting within at least fieldgoal range and then just had a feeling we couldn't get it done in OT. How is it we can have two fg's blocked by the same guy against Bama last year and we can never even get a sniff of blocking one against anybody.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •